We understand that your personal information is important to you and that you may be apprehensive about disclosing it. Your privacy is just as important to us and we are committed to safeguarding and processing your information in a lawful manner.
We also want to make sure that you understand how and for what purpose we process your information. If for any reason you think that your information is not processed in a correct manner, or that your information is being used for a purpose other than that for what it was originally intended, you can contact our Deputy Information Officer here email@example.com
Registered office at William Moffett Retail Park, Fairview, Gqeberha
The Organisation is an authorised financial services provider with FSP nr 43079.
1. By accessing this website, you agree to the terms and conditions set out below.
2. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions please discontinue your access or use.
3. Kelston Motor Group is a company with registered office at William Moffett Retail Park, Fairview, Gqeberha
2) Privacy Statement
1. Kelston Motor Group recognises the importance of protecting your privacy. Please be assured that we follow a strict policy of not disclosing any personal information about our customers or prospective customers to any third party, unless authorised by you or legally obliged to do so.
3) The source of collection of your personal information We collect personal information directly from the following data subjects:
• People who have bought vehicles from us.
• Clients who service their vehicles with us.
• Prospective clients who have asked to be contacted after viewing a vehicle or promotional offer on our websites or social media pages.
• Collection of data via 3rd party websites including Facebook, Instagram and OEM’s, where the prospective customer has opted in to being contacted by the Kelston Motor Group, or a dealership operated by OEM, for vehicle offers and aftersales offers and other information. Please refer to the relevant source or OEM website for their privacy notices and GDPR compliance statements.
• We also list stock and get prospective clients contact details from 3rd party websites e.g. Autotrader, Gumtree, Cars.co.za, Carmag, Autodealer etc.
• Data collected via 3rd party sites is limited to name, contact information and information pertaining to enquiries only as completed by the data subject.
• Data collected is not distributed to any 3rd parties for marketing purposes.
• Data collected is utilised solely for essential communication of information pertaining to vehicle ownership, marketing communication of vehicle and aftermarket offers, news and information of interest.
Personal information is collected directly from you through the completion of an application form, online forms, during consultation etc. These forms are completed either electronically or in hard copy. You may also be requested to provide your personal information during your consultation with a representative.
We may also collect information about you from other sources such as the OEM or Franchise Headquarters via their internal CRM or email.
4) Off-shore data transfer
• Autohub - Egood Manners is utilised to store customer enquiry data and offer to purchase documentation. Essential communication relating to vehicle repairs, maintenance, servicing and safety. View their policy here https://auto-hub.co.za/get-in-touch/
• IQ Retail - is utilised as a point of sale and customer relationship management tool for our Tyre and fitment centres only (The Kelston Motor Group is a franchisee of Tyremart South Africa in the following locations: Uitenhage). View their policy here http://www.iqretail.co.za/contact
• Information is shared with Tyremart South Africa for purposes of stock holding and quotations, and also customer communication on a national level. Please see their policy here
• VWSA Sales Work Place – used as a point of sale and customer relationship management tool. Essential communication relating to vehicle repairs, maintenance, servicing and safety.
• E-Toyota – used as a point of sale and customer relationship management tool. Essential communication relating to vehicle repairs, maintenance, servicing and safety.
6) Third parties and your personal information
We may need to share your information to third parties provide advice, reports, analyses, products or services that you have requested. Where we share your information, we will take all precautions to ensure that the third party will treat your information with the same level of protection as required by us.
These third parties may include:
• Your employer (where applicable)
• The Compliance Officer of the organisation (where applicable)
• Analytics and search engine providers assisting in the enhancement of our websites
• Information Technology specialists assisting us with data storage, security, processing, analytics, etc
• Auditors of the Organisation
• Regulatory or governmental authorities such as the Financial Sector Conduct Authority and the Prudential Authority
• If you have asked us to assist with a quotation for insurance of your vehicle, we work with the following companies:
o King Price
o African Independent
7) The Transfer of your personal information outside of the Republic of South Africa
Your information may be hosted on servers managed by a third-party service provider for the purpose of database storage and web hosting, which may be located outside of South Africa. The third-party service providers are located in:
• United States of America
• United Kingdom
• European Union
We confirm that the level of protection afforded to your personal information by that third country or international organisation is equal to the protection afforded by the POPI Act.
8) Law authorising or requiring collecting of the personal information
As an authorised financial services provider, we are obligated in terms of the following legislation to collect your personal information insofar as it relates to the rendering of the relevant financial services to you:
• Financial Advisory and Intermediaries Services Act 37 of 2002
• Financial Intelligence Centre Act 38 of 2001
• Insurance Act 18 of 2017
• Short-Term Insurance Act 53 of 1998
• Long-Term Insurance Act 52 of 1998
9) Product Specification
1. The specifications contained in this website are an overview intended for awareness purposes only and subject to change without notice. Dimensions, capacities and performance specifications apply to standard vehicles. For current information and applicable specifications please consult Kelston Motor Group.
2. Fuel Consumption and Carbon Dioxide Emission figures reflected were obtained in accordance with prescribed uniform measuring standards (SANS 20101: 2006 / ECE R101: 2005 in their currently applicable versions) under laboratory type conditions. The measuring standards are stipulated by law. They do not apply to a specific vehicle and are provided to enable comparison between different vehicle models tested using the same uniform measuring standard. The values are accordingly not necessarily representative of real-life driving conditions. Factors such as driving style, vehicle load, road conditions, tyre size, traffic and ambient conditions may result in different fuel consumption and carbon dioxide emission levels to those achieved under the test parameters referred to above. More details are contained in the owner’s manual.
3. Visuals may show specifications, accessories and options not available in South Africa. Left-hand drive models might be shown.
1. All prices shown are recommended retail prices which are not binding on Kelston Motor Group. The recommended retail price includes VAT but excludes Dealer delivery and related charges.
11) Intellectual Property Rights
1. This website is published by Kelston Motor Group and is protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights. All website design, text, graphics, typographical arrangement, trademarks, logos and all other material on this website is the intellectual property of Kelston Motor Group, or their service providers and suppliers. No licence to any of the abovementioned intellectual property is granted through this website.
2. Accessing this website does not grant you a licence to use, right or interest in the trademarks. You undertake not to challenge or in any way assist others in challenging the validity of or rights to the trademarks.
3. Permission is granted to electronically copy and print hard copy portions of this website for the sole purpose of obtaining information relating to these products. Any other use of materials on this website including reproduction for purposes other than the above, use for commercial purposes, modification, distribution or publication without the prior written permission of of the OEM is prohibited.
4. It is expressly prohibited for any person to gain or attempt to gain unauthorised access to any page on this website, or to deliver or attempt to deliver any unauthorised, damaging or malicious code to this website. Any person who contravenes this provision or infringes the rights of the OEM in question, in any manner may be subject to civil or criminal liability.
12) Disclaimer and Liability
1. We endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is accurate. We, however, provide the information without any warranty, express or implied. We accordingly accept no liability arising from the information being unsuitable for any specific purpose, outdated, inaccurate or incomplete.
2. Due to the intended purpose of the website, Kelston Motor Group shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from access to or the use of this website or the information, content, materials or products appearing on this website or any links to this website.
3. By accessing this website, you indemnify Kelston Motor Group, its employees, agents, service providers against any claims by third parties arising from your access.
13) Security in transmission of messages to Kelston Motor Group
• When sending an e-mail from a private account to Kelston Motor Group, you are responsible for taking appropriate security precautions to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of your e-mail. You are also responsible for ensuring that your e-mail complies with any applicable legislation.E-mails sent to Kelston Motor Group through this website may be unencrypted. There is therefore no guarantee relating to the confidentiality and integrity of the e-mail content.
14) Misuse Statement
• Kelston Motor Group reserves the right to prevent your access to this website if you misuse it in any manner. Prevention of access shall be in our sole discretion and in addition to any other rights; Kelston Motor Group may have arising from misuse of the website.
15) Governing Law
• These terms and conditions are subject to South African law. The parties to any dispute or action hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the South African courts.
16) Changes to Website
1. Kelston Motor Group reserves the right in its sole discretion and without notice, to change these website terms and conditions, interrupt, terminate or modify any part or function of this website.
2. Any change will become effective upon publication on this website.
3. By continuing to use this website, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions in place at the time of your access.